Royal Mail...

edited June 2008 in Local discussion
Heard from someone today who sent me something by post, only to have it returned by Royal Mail stating that my address does not exist (and yes, they used the correct address). It's the second time this has happened in recent months.

Anyone else experienced this?

(also, yesterday's post arrived at 5.45pm but I guess at least it arrived...)

Comments

• edited 12:14PM
    Yeah, mine arrived at 5.10pm. All very strange.
    Same here - they delivered at 5.30 the other day. Party invitation got lost in post this week too.
    I'm currently having a complete disaster with Royal Mail losing things sent to me - including a parcel from my sister. And all sorts misdelivered to us.

We never see the same postman twice though. Which can't help.

Hope her parcel makes it back to my sister. Has been weeks though.
  • AliAli
    edited 12:14PM
    Strange I recently had party invite not get delivered. Nobody from the Post Office turned up so the Postman is not nicking them !
    I've had numerous problems. Which delivery depot are we all at? I'm the Hornsey Road one.
  • LizLiz
    edited 12:14PM
    Can I suggest you call Royal Mail customer services and report the problems? They have no way of knowing if customers don't tell them, and the last time I reported a problem, they logged it, reported it to the delivery office and sent me some free stamps. Which can't be bad. 08457 740 740 or [email via their website](http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/content2?catId=400144&mediaId=3100065)
    Our postman is a cretin too - he claimed that a box of contact lenses *deliberately designed to fit through the letter box* didn't fit, and took them back to the depot.
    No of these seem to apply to mail that I'm expecting, not even the lost or delayed mail, as the form you get if you pick that reads as if I'm complaining about mail i've sent.

<blockquote>Sales enquiry about a Royal Mail business service
    Query about the Postcode/Address finder
    I've got a problem with redelivery
    I've got a problem with paying a fee
    Check delivery confirmation for your mail
    Lost or delayed mail
    Damaged goods
    I'm receiving someone else's mail
    Someone else is getting my mail
    Keepsafe/Redirection of your mail
    Can't find what you're looking for on the website
    Query about the online shop
    Enquiry about working for Royal Mail
    General feedback about the Royal Mail website
    Other</blockquote>
    I'd second Liz - Royal Mail were pretty helpful on the phone, although if something you're expecting doesn't turn up the complaint has to come from whoever sent it.
    That's me out of luck, then.

Approaching 50% of things I've ordered from overseas have gone missing, after moving back into the Upper Holloway depot.
  • edited June 2008
    My Flip Ultra just arrived (well, I had to pick it up and pay customs charges on it) It was posted from the USA on 24 March – 3 months ago! Speechless about the service the Royal Mail offer. It's been sitting on their shelf since April 5th They say they left a card in April, and have only just got round to delivering another card. It took so long that this item of electronics has since been launched in the UK!
  • edited June 2008
    We haven't had any post since Tuesday. Not even junk mail. Hmm.